So there’s this facebook group entitled “40 Things High School Musical 2 Can Teach Us.” I didn’t join the group because i’m just not quite that into HSM, but the list made me laugh so i thought i’d share it with y’all…
1. If you wish to show your inability or dislike for dancing, it’s perfectly reasonable to break out in a dance number.
2. College? It’s not important, as long as you can hang out with your friends.
3. If your love is strong enough, fireworks will go off, and lanterns will fly away as you and your boyfriend kiss.
4.Playing sports is a hint that it’s time to break into song.
5.Don’t worry about being rude/mean in the end things will work out for you.
6.School spirit is a must. Especially during the summer.
7. Your friends are not human and should always be addressed by the name of their school mascot.
8. Yes! You can paint your locker pink!Screw the school board.
9. You can be a chef, lifeguard, or golf assistant…no experience needed!
10. A guy can never wear too much bronzer.
11. Lakes are the equilivant of mirrors. They can show your reflection perfectly!
12. It is possible to memorize a 3 minute song over the course of 2 minutes…and sing it perfectly.
13.It doesn’t matter that you’re not a staff member. You can still attend any and all staff events.
14.The phrase “more moves than an octopus in a wrestling match” is something that can be used in everyday conversation
There are two bells that get you out of school. The first one tells you
to start singing and dancing, the second announces you should stop.
16.Even though its the last day of school, its ok to leave stuff in the locker for the summer.
your family is “saving pennies” for your college education and gives
you a junky truck to drive, it is normal for their kitchen to have
granite counter tops and a $7,000 fridge.
18. Pianos can float now. Go ahead, try it.
19. It’s perfectly acceptable for a guy to wear girl’s capris.
If you’re upset, just run through a golf course, jumping and spinning,
while singing “Bet on it”…you won’t fall at any point, and no one
will stop and think “what the heck?” .
21.You can send telepathic messages to your mom to tell her to pick
you up just as you’re finishing your breakup song with your boyfriend.
22.A resort can be highly successful when there are more employees than guests.
23.”And she stepped on the ball” is actually quite funny. You just need to put it into context.
24.One family can apparently control an entire city, including all educational institutions in the area.
25. It’s good manners to refer to your mother as a “backstabber”
26.Turkey imported from Maine is much better than any other turkey. In fact, it’s fabulous.
27.Apparently, it is now possible to hire an entire high school to be the staff at an upscale country club.
28.Iced tea from England is blue.
29.Water Bug is a cute funny romantic pet name.
30.Being a teenage paparazzi at school and taking multiple pictures of the same two people is not weird or creepy in any way
your girlfriend tells you that your shoes don’t match your tie, you
must do a stupid looking surfer move to see if she’s right, you can’t
just look down
33.When you frolic with your girlfriend in the golf course, you get
in trouble. When you frolic by yourself and sing, nothing happens.
IS possible to have any object in the world come in pink & engraved
with your initials. That is, if you are Sharpay Evans.
35.If you are the basketball star of your school, you can get yourself, as well as the rest of the school, summer jobs.
36. Lava Springs apparently had no employees, since they had to hire a whole new staff.
37.Don’t change your friends, change your dreams.
38.Corbin Bleu switched shampoos. Because his hair obviously did not have as much shine, bounce, or body as it did in HSM 1.
39. Even though Chad danced in “Get your head in the game”, “Status Quo” and “What time is it”, he apparantly does not dance.
40. “What team?” “Wildcats!” “GET YOUR HEAD IN THE GAME!” Can fix any problem.
41.Basketball scholarships at the University of Albuquerque depend on your musical performance skills
42.Guitars and speaker equipment can be placed near a pool safely
43.Take two small saucepan lids and bang them together. You’ll find they make the same sound as a large GONG. Go on, have a go
44. Tiffany’s makes hair bands
45. When your girlfriend breaks up with you and gives your necklace
back, she obviously will somehow emerge out of a crowd wearing it again
46. Clocks get bigger if you stare at them and chant “summer”
47. When you’re singing about being fabulous, your shoes can magically appear on and off your feet at any given time
You can be a male theater geek who wears sparkly hats and pink shirts,
without any of the jocks who you kind of hang out with thinking you’re
49. It is now acceptable to throw grapes at your girlfriends face
50. Jumping from dangerous rocks is a great idea.
51. It is not at all pompous to give your girlfriend a necklace with your initial on it
52. The high school marching band is on call 24/7 for spontaneous musical numbers
53. It is perfectly normal to switch outfits with your opponent after a baseball game.
54. Helicopters can land on a golf course with no warning.
55. When you’re frustrated with your personal life at work, just
take off your shirt and shoot some baskets. Your boss won’t mind.
56. Sliding on the cafeteria floor like a penguin is totally acceptable. Especially when it’s the last day of school.
57. Even if you weren’t a part of the winning number, you can still win the star dazzle award.
56. Italian shoes mean a whole new you
Not telling your girlfriend about your new dress shoes you got from
your boss, clearly is a reason for her to be concerned and question
58. As long as you’re the star player on your basketball team, you can instantly be better at golf than the owner of the course.
59. College basketball players love playing with high schoolers that are better than them.
61. On the last day of school, it is perfectly normal to chant “summer” like a cult.
62. Wanting a little fabulous is not so wrong
63. It is worth risking your relationship with your friends and girlfriend for a college that closed down in 1986.