or alternative title: “the beginning of the end…”
every relationship has it’s “firsts”. zach and i have plenty – some of which are documented photographically:
of course there are many other romantic firsts, such as the first song
he wrote me, or the first time he held my hand, or the first time i
cried on his shoulder while he held me, or the first time he said “I
love you,” or the first time he kissed me…
distance, we also had the first visit, and the first time we said
goodbye at the airport, and the first time he picked me up at the
there have been many firsts, and many of those things have been repeated since the “first” time they happened.
and now… we are starting to encounter lasts.
of them are related to the long distance aspect of the relationship.
which makes me so grateful and happy to have many of these “lasts”
finally upon us!
– nearly two weeks ago, i made my last flight home
from Pasadena. it was the last drive to the airport, and the last
goodbye at the airport.
– this weekend was his last visit to Arizona. next time he drives out, it will be to stay.
– today was the last goodbye as he drove away.
– next Sunday will be our last sunday at different churches.
with the wedding getting closer, some aspects of my single life are coming to a close as well.
– next month will be my last month [regularly] babysitting for the [keith & carrie] daukas family.
– pretty soon i’ll be spending my last night at my parent’s house.
– before i know it, i will be waking up on my last day as a Lambros.
so crazy! some parts are bittersweet, i will confess. but i wouldn’t
change any of it. these “lasts” all come at the perfect time, just
like every “first” did. each step of the way has been perfectly and
i couldn’t be happier. 🙂